Feb 10, 2009

More musical ephemera

An 8x10 publicity shot for Glenn Danzig's shortlived Samhain:



This is interesting - its a large size sticker, maybe 5x7, for some Australian tour dates by Lou Reed. I'm guessing it dates from the late 70s/early 80s:



Cut out of the Village Voice, an ad for a great Damned tour that was a farewell tour at the time, in 1989. It featured the original line up as well as newer member like bassist Paul Gray as they sort of rotated through their entire career up to that point. According to this website - the set included See Her Tonite, Fish, Born To Kill, Fan Club, Help, Neat Neat Neat, I Fall, New Rose, I Feel Alright, I Just Can't Be Happy Today, Melody Lee, Love Song, Smash It Up, Daytripper, Looking At You, The Last Time (the Rolling Stones). The Captain stripped off for 'The Last Time'. I also remember him making some funny cracks about how much money they were making.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is good stuff. I've been thinking of exhuming my old hardcore flyer collection and doing something similar. You've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

Indeed, great items!

And Samhain? Don't ever remember that one...

JamesChanceOfficial said...

Samhain was the band Danzig had between the Misfits & Danzig. They weren't around very long but made 2 or 3 albums in a short amount of time.

Anonymous said...

saw Samhain back in 1984(?) on halloween night at a place called Paycheck's in Hamtramck, Mi. Along with a number of Misfits gigs, i credit them among others with a measure of my hearing loss. gave new meaning to the idea of a "wall of sound".....

JamesChanceOfficial said...

Never got to see the Misfits unfortunately. But I did see Samhain & Danzig.

Related Posts with Thumbnails