May 15, 2009

I call bullshit!





Bootlegged live recordings & items are one thing. Bootlegged items that commemorate, or advertise, completely fictional events are a whole other ball of bullshit. Lately, in researching the possible value of my posters, I've been lurking in the music merchandise category on eBay, and I came across the above two examples of crap. I'm not sure who I feel worse for - the suckers who don't know enough and buy this stuff, or the douchebags who sell it. I almost went so far as to link to the seller's page, but then thought better of bringing their auctions to your attention.

In case you need to ask, for the record, the Clash never played at the Peppermint Lounge, and the Jam never played at the Mudd Club. This really gets my goat.

2 comments:

EV Grieve said...

This reminds me, I'm trying to sell my Rolling Stones one-night-only at Brownies poster.

NYCDreamin said...

And I've got a "Doobie Brothers Live at CBGB" poster if anyone is interested...

Related Posts with Thumbnails