Jun 26, 2009

Michael Jackson etc etc

To be honest, I'm not horribly saddened by the death of Michael Jackson. I mean, no more so than anyone who passes away. Especially at an age like 50. Yes, I'm old enough to remember hearing the Jacksons on the radio...top 40 AM radio...I'm even old enough to remember the Saturday morning cartoon. Anyway, I just figured I didn't really need to mention anything on this blog about any of this. I've never been huge fan.

However, given the scope of his & his family's influence & popularity, a couple of friends have written some wonderful nostalgic remembrances that have as much to do with growing up, memories, and the influence & love of music, as they do with the death of the so called king of pop.

Read "Stop! The love you save may be your own" over at Magical Life.

Read "Ben, the two of us need look no more" over at the Jukebox Graduate.

That, to me, is what's interesting. The moments that this music connected, and continues to connect, us to. I think that's what it's all about. Michael Jackson RIP. There...I said it.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails