Aug 4, 2009

Punking Out

If you liked yesterday's post regarding the Blank Generation film, you'll love this as well.

Punking Out was filmed in 1977 around CBGB and features some high quality, in-your-face, front row footage of the Dead Boys, Ramones, and Richard Hell & the Voidoids performing, as well as interviews with club employees and fans, including a VERY young couple of kids by the names of Lydia Lunch and James Chance. Visit the film's official website. A DVD of the movie is available for only $14.95. That's a steal! Plus, you're buying it directly from the filmmaker himself.

Here's the trailer. The quality of the actual DVD looks a lot better than this video does: Punking Out

2 comments:

NYCDreamin said...

I think I may have seen something about this someplace else a while ago but I forgot about it - thanks for the reminder - looks killer. I can't believe how young Hilly looks that clip.

JamesChanceOfficial said...

I may have even written about it before, but I couldn't find anything here. Anyway, its so cool it's worth doing again!

Related Posts with Thumbnails