Mar 21, 2010

Just Kids, Sunday reading



I can't recommend Patti Smith's Just Kidshighly enough. I finished it last night and absolutely fell in love. I have too many thoughts about it to get into here, but I will say that it touched me in many ways. And I've never been the biggest Patti Smith fan, but whenever I've given her the time, I don't regret it. For anyone interested in a post-Exploding Plastic Inevitable/pre-CBGB New York City this is a must-read.





I also wanted to point out several good articles that appear in today's edition of the NY Times:

- The T.A.M.I. Show is finally available legally again this Tuesday, and here's why you should make an effort to see it.
- Paul Westerberg shares a laugh with Alex Chilton.
- Charlie Gillett's obituary.



4 comments:

daisy said...

i wanna hear what you liked about Patti Smith's book.

JamesChanceOfficial said...

I'll tell you the next time I see you. Did you like it?

NYCDreamin said...

Never was a big Patti Smith fan either but on your recomendation I'm putting it on my "to read list" - sounds cool.

JamesChanceOfficial said...

Its really well written & a beautiful story. You won't regret it. I took it out of the library if you don't want to spend money on it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails