Jan 31, 2011

Memories of Sex

MEMORIES OF SEX FROM FORUM MAGAZINE: One of the most prescient pieces published about 430 King’s Road in its incarnation as SEX appeared, appropriately enough, in sex magazine Forum in the mid-70s. Continued here.

Steve Jones, Unknown, Alan Jones, Chrissie Hynde, Jordan, Vivienne Westwood. By David Dagley, circa 1975.
On a related note, I've been meaning to mention that, after literally a couple of years of waiting, probably the best website dedicated specifically to the Malcolm McLaren/Vivienne Westwood-era of 430 King's Road has finally relaunched! Visit Only Anarchists Are Pretty now!

2 comments:

Paul said...

I went there in 1975. At the time it seemed more Rocky Horror than proto-punk.

JamesChanceOfficial said...

I could see that. I think there's always been an element of RHPC to it. I have the same feeling from when I was a kid in the late 70's and started going to stores in NY that sold new wave styled clothing.

Related Posts with Thumbnails