Oct 12, 2011

The Ballad of Mott the Hoople

 

I had the opportunity to see the recent doc about Mott the Hoople last night at the Walter Reade Theater at Lincoln Center as part of the New York Film Festival. That's Ian Hunter over on the left during the Q&A following the film. Already available on DVD in the UK, it will reportedly be available in the US in November. Order it here.

I highly suggest seeing it if you need to be reminded how incredible a great rock 'n roll band can be. Apparently, I needed to be reminded. Just fantastic.

Read Larry Jaffee's memories of being a long time fan over at Rock's Back Pages.

2 comments:

Peteski said...

Thanks, watched this trailer 3 times in a row. Mick Ralphs didn't really age well did he, geez.

NYCDreamin said...

I think I'm gonna have to check this out as well...looks great.

Related Posts with Thumbnails