Aug 15, 2012

Searching For Sugar Man and other docs of note

I remember when Light In The Attic reissued some Rodriguez stuff a few years ago – I blew it off at the time because he sounded like Jose Feliciano to me. I don’t mind Jose at all, but didn’t buy the hype on Rodriguez - one Jose was enough, right? Anyway, I finally saw the movie about Rodriguez last night, and the story of what happened to him via South Africa, and the film did an incredible job of putting everything in perspective. The story really blew me away, and I especially loved it from the point of view of the South Africans who searched him out. Real music fans, you know? Go see this film...pure inspiration!



Rodriguez is currently playing limited shows including August 31 at the Highline Ballroom here in New York. For his entire touring itinerary click here.

Also of note, and coming to Film Forum here in NYC later this fall, are two movies I plan on going to see:

Radio Unnameable (website link)


Beware of Mr. Baker (website link)




No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails