Oct 4, 2012

See It Now: Charlie Is My Darling

 I was lucky enough to catch the screening last night for the new (and first official) version of the 1965 Stones' Irish tour film, Charlie Is My Darling. Thanks Teri! All I can say is see it as soon as you can, and make sure you're watching it on the biggest possible screen with the best possible sound system you can. Its absolutely stunning both in sound & vision. It FAR surpassed any expectations I had. Catch it! Charlie is My Darling plays once more at the Walter Reade Theater in New York next Thursday. Read a nice piece on the film at The New Yorker here.

Order Charlie Is My Darling - on Amazon

Another event to watch out for will be The Museum of Modern Art presenting The Rolling Stones: 50 Years on Film, November 15–December 2, 2012. It will include: 

- Robert Frank’s S-8 Stones Footage from Exile on Main St (1972), and Cocksucker Blues (1972) 
- Peter Whitehead’s The Rolling Stones Charlie Is My Darling – Ireland 1965 (1965/2012)
- the Maysles and Zwerin’s Gimme Shelter (1970)
- Donald Cammell and Nicholas Roeg’s Performance (1970)
- Taylor Hackford’s Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock ‘n’ Roll (1987) 
- the band’s landmark concert appearances in Steve Binder’s The T.A.M.I. Show (1964)
- Leslie Woodhead’s The Stones in the Park (1969)
- Rollin Blinzer’s Ladies & Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones (1974)
- Michael Lindsay-Hogg’s The Rolling Stones Rock and Roll Circus (1968/1996)
- Hal Ashby’s Let’s Spend the Night Together (1983)
- Martin Scorsese’s Shine a Light (2008)
- And even more!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails