1. 198 Gallery: Blank Generation Punk Poster Exhibition - Daisy's friend from art school, Lucy Davies, now runs a great Community Gallery that hosted Gary Loveridge's punk poster collection…a good time was had by all!
2. Moonrise Kingdom by Wes Anderson
2A: To ward off homesickness: I listen to Radio Free Song Club
3. Dexy's new album, One Day I'm Going to Soar, played in full at Shepherd's Bush (not a dry eye in the house).
4. Stone Roses reform and play 3 sold out gigs in their home town, Manchester. This is Gary holding up my new hat in Heaton Park (left).
6. There is actually a sunny day in the summer and we sit on a hill by Alexandra Palace and have a picnic.
5. We played Jack White's fantastic but creepy new solo album Blunderbuss in the car. Meanwhile Jack White wears BLUE clothes!
6. Gary visits San Francisco, goes to see Rise and Fall of The Clash and meets up and coming Spanish filmmaker, Danny Garcia - introduces Daisy via Facebook, and Daisy starts transcribing interviews for his new movie Looking For Johnny (Thunders) and the flashbacks begin!
7. Daisy goes to Paris with Alexandra. While Alex goes to her 30th high school reunion, Daisy enjoys Noir Blanche. We stay in the crepe district, visit Samuel Beckett, buy a new umbrella.
8. Rough Trade Record Shop events: We particularly enjoyed Jarvis Cocker reading from Mother Brother Lover.
9. Living legend, Lee Black Childers' book launch at Soho's Society Club.
10. Gary goes to all of the Memorial events for 10th Anniversary of Joe Strummer's death. Namely:
- The Arms Aloft in Acton Town gig at the Tabernacle Notting Hill
- Joe Strummer Memorial Poster Pop Up Exhibition at Tabernacle
- Meeting Joe Strummer - a play by Paul Hodson at the Cockpit, NW8
- London's Burning (a particularly good performance by The Phobics)
- 100 Club weekend of gigs, Remembering Joe: 10th Anniversary Memorial Weekend, which featured Spizz, The Duel, Ruts DC, The Latchicos, Glen Matlock, Eddie Tenpole, and TV Smith