Apr 9, 2013

Stupefied: The Jennifer Lilya Playlist


With this week's Stupefied playlist, I'm happy to present the work of a Brooklyn-based fashion illustrator in the classic tradition, Jennifer Lilya. I met her somewhere along the way on the cyber highway, and as you might be able to tell from the collage at the bottom of this post, we're inspired by many of the same things. Jennifer likes to listen to music while she works, so I asked her to share some of her favorite tunes with us. I love her work, and hope you do as well!

Her client list includes the likes of Elle, Saks Fifth Avenue, Givenchy, Katy Perry, Stila Cosmetics, Edelman PR, Dove, WWD & a whole pile of other designers, ad agencies, PR firms, websites & blogs. she's available for illustration commissions for commercial or personal use. All of her work is done by hand in acrylic paint & black ink on paper, and she's inspired by traditional, non-digital art. She tells me the majority of her clients hire her specifically because she can draw & paint.

Jennifer says, "...doing this playlist was ridiculously fun since music is so important to me while I work. I need to stay energized, upbeat & happy to paint all my pretty ladies. These are some of my very favorite songs on the planet. It's also obvious that I adore older music rather than new. Most of these bands I discovered when I was in high school in the 80s and/or early 90s college days & I just freakin’ love them to this day. I also name a lot of my paintings after song lyrics or titles. I like to tie all of my pop culture references & inspiration together."

Be sure to check out more of Jennifer's work at the following sites:
Official website
Facebook 
Twitter 


                                  01. She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult
02. Spellbound - Siouxsie & The Banshees
03. I Dig You - Boss Hog
04. Down At The Rock And Roll Club - Richard Hell & The Voidoids
05. Houdini - Kate Bush
06. Neighborhood Girls - Suzanne Vega
07. Let’s Go - The Cars
08. (How To Keep Your) Husband Happy - The Cosmopolitans
09. He Could Be The One - Josie Cotton
10. Candy - Iggy Pop & Kate Pierson
11. Happy Birthday - Concrete Blonde
12. This Town - The Go Gos
13. Rebel Girl - Bikini Kill
14. Rock ‘n’ Roll Suicide - David Bowie
15. The Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen
16. Three Days - Jane’s Addiction
17. Foggy Notion - Velvet Underground
18. Uptown - Prince
19. Eighties - Killing Joke
20. Hanging On The Telephone - Blondie
21. See No Evil - Television
22. Kiss Me Deadly - Generation X
23. But Not Tonight - Depeche Mode

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails