|Hat tip to Flaming Pablum & The Gothamist|
- Stay off the streets after 6 p.m.
- Do not walk — "If you must leave your hotel... summon a taxi by telephone."
- Avoid public transportation — "You should never ride the subway for any reason whatsoever."
- Remain in Manhattan — "If you remain in midtown areas and restrict your travel to daylight hours, emergency service personnel are best able to provide protection."
- Protect your property
- Safeguard your handbag
- Conceal property in automobiles
- Do not leave valuables in your hotel room, and do not depotist them in hotel vault
- Be aware of fire hazards