This week's edition of the Stupefied Playlist© to brought to us courtesy of one of the more prolific writers that I know, Mr. Tony Fletcher. Probably best known for his Keith Moon bio, Tony has had two books published within the last year - A Light That Never Goes Out: The Enduring Saga of The Smiths, and the very recently published Boy About Town: A Memoir. Long a resident of upstate New York, Boy About Town: A Memoir tells the tale of growing up a music obsessive in & around post punk London. Needless to say, a very relatable story for most of us.
Thankfully, Tony is still a music obsessive...I'm sure we'll be able to look forward to quite a few more titles from him over the years. As I type this he's probably planning his next three!
For those in the Woodstock, NY, area, on Saturday 10/5 Tony will be doing a reading, and Q&A about Boy About Town: A Memoir at The Golden Notebook. Get all of the info here.
Big thanks to Tony for the list!
Tony on Amazon
01. The War To Fight for Love - BP Fallon and The Bandits
02. The Queen of Denmark – Sinead O’Connor
03. Your Perfume Was The Best Thing – Karl Hyde
04. You Left The Water Running (Unedited Demo Version) – Otis Redding
05. Tokoloshe Man – Johnny Kongos
06. You're My Friend - Eels
07. Get Rhythm – Johnny Cash and the Tennessee Two
08. Cause – Rodriguez
09. Happy Jack (acoustic version) – The Who
10. GMF – John Grant featuring Sinead O’Connor
11. Judge, Jury and Executor – Atoms for Peacae
12. Flyin’ Saucers Rock ‘n’ Roll – Bill Riley and his Little Green Men
13. Cupp Cave - The Kid's A Loner
14. Slip Away (demo) – Clarence Carter
15. Sex Machine – Sly and the Family Stone
16. Let’s Get An Understanding – Wilson Pickett
17. Your Life Your Call – Junip
18. Easter Parade (single version) – Faith Brothers
19. Paranoid - Wavves
20. Remember Me - Steve Earle
Edgeland - Karl Hyde (LP)
Junip - Junip (LP)
Amok - Atoms for Peace (LP)
Pale Green Ghosts - John Grant (LP)
The Fame Studios Story 1961-1973 (triple CD)