Apr 1, 2014

Out of nowhere: The 1957 Tail-Fin Fiasco


This just in from Dad Rock Central: I receive emails every day  from publicists, bands, DJ's, etc, etc. I usually scan the subject line, and then hit delete. If I read one out of 100 its a lot. Well, a couple of week's ago, I received an email out of the blue from some band calling themselves The 1957 Tail-Fin Fiasco. Never heard of 'em. I have no idea what made me investigate further, but I did. They emailed me cold and it worked. I love these guys. If you're a Steely Dan fan you'll definitely enjoy it. I find it hard to believe there's another human being out there with the same sound as Donald Fagen, but there you go. 

Have a listen to "Cruise Control" below, drop the band a line at their website, and pick up some music from their Bandcamp page. And if you're really crazy, you'll follow them on Twitter here. I definitely hope to hear more.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails