
Out of Step, Out of Time: Black Flag, white guilt, blood-red noses collide in self-congratulatory American Hardcore by Rob Harvilla.
Here's a review of the American Hardcore documentary from the Village Voice. Sight unseen, this makes it sound pretty much as expected.
New York magazine didn't give it a very good review either. "A Guide To Recognizing Your Saints" (not a documentary - I know) is supposed to be a much better movie representing NY and 80's hardcore.
ReplyDeleteI knew that kid Dito who made "A Guide To..." many years ago. Is there much hardcore in the movie? It doesn't sound like it, but who knows...it's a different type of thing.
ReplyDeleteI'm really getting ready to not like American Hardcore...too bad!
I think it's one of those things that are better at home as a rental. I'm much more forgiving as a critic when I rent as opposed tp paying full movie theater price.
ReplyDelete