Feb 6, 2008

Future Legend closing it's doors



I regret to inform you of yet another record store closing soon. Future Legend, on 9th Avenue near the northeast corner of 53rd Street, will be going away soon. They are currently offering a 50% discount on all CD's & vinyl, so get yourself there and spend some dough.

When these guys opened there was still a Tower at Broadway & 66th, and of course the Virgin in Times Square which is still there. I thought it was smart of them to open in Hell's Kitchen, and they did well for a while. I'm not sure why they are closing specifically, but whatever the reason, it's sad. Now I'll have nowhere to pop into for the occasional social call or spontaneous purchase. Prices were always low & the conversation lively. They will be missed.

For another take on the joint from a neighborhood music buyer, click here.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

I am so sad that Future Legend is closing. I loved being able to walk down the street from where I live and buy inexpensive music from wonderful people.

Related Posts with Thumbnails