Feb 12, 2008

Old farts department



Our friend Randy captured Siouxsie this past Friday in action at Irving Plaza. I saw her Saturday. While I thought the whole thing was a bit ho hum, Randy was a bit more enthusiastic (as usual). I was happy to see Sioux enjoying herself, but the band was decidedly mediocre at best. I mean, how could a world class drummer like Budgie be replaced? I guess I have to give her credit for trying. Check out Randy's action shots here.



On Saturday night, Randy went out again to see From The Jam - Rick Buckler & Bruce Foxton, from the Jam, touring and playing all Jam songs. Even though Weller wrote them, these guys are very arguably as important to the Jam's sound & records as Weller. See Randy's shots of From the Jam here.

Read an excellent review of the From The Jam show by Tony Fletcher here.

"It was only after the Jam split that certain parties tried to rewrite the history books, to make out like the group was a one-sided affair dictated from on top..."

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails