Dec 15, 2008

We interrupt our regularly scheduled programming

Please indulge me. Due to the wonders of Facebook, I've been reunited with an old friend, Neil S. Haven't spoken to him in probably over 20 years or so. Anyway, back in the day, in high school probably between 1980-1983 or so, Neil & I were two of the few, the VERY few, who were into punk rock. The important part was that we were not ashamed to let others know this due to the way we dressed & cut our hair. These days its not a big deal at all, but back then there were issues. Anyway, we went through a lot together, bought records on clandestine trips to Greenwich Village, and discovered a lot of cool music, and a world outside of our metropolitan area suburban world.

Neil was into photography at an early age, and has been kind enough to start sharing some old images from those times. Here's a whole bunch...I hope there's more to come.

Void at CBGB:


Me in my Bunnymen overcoat:




Get off the cross, we need the wood:


WTF? Haircut 100 meets who knows?


Phil skating and in the rain:




Neil skating:


More skate shots by Neil:




Phil's old skate 'zine, Geek Attack:




Borscht in the basement:


I belong to the blank generation:


More Bunnymen...or maybe its Ultravox:

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I have Ian McCulloch and Midge Ure on line two. They're arguing about who the coat belongs to...

JamesChanceOfficial said...

Ha ha ha!!! Tell 'em I sold it back to the used clothing store.

MJG196 said...

Fan-fucking-tastic. SK8 AND DESTROY!

Related Posts with Thumbnails