Mar 24, 2009

The Gun Club reassessed



There's a nice article on the Gun Club over at Crawdaddy to read. Its interesting to me because I've been listening to them quite a bit lately...possibly because of Lux Interior's death, and the two bands will always be linked together in my mind.

But anyway, I've just been thinking about how underrated the Gun Club are. Listening to them I'm struck by what an amazing assortment of influences I can hear in the music, and what an interesting time the band existed in, and was, for lack of a better term, permitted to exist in. If I had to put a label on it, which I'm hesitant to do, it could possibly be termed pre-Americana although its WAY more interesting & attitudinal than that mannered genre of music has ever been.

Now I just need to get my hands on a copy of Ghost On the Highway. Has anyone seen it?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails