May 31, 2009

Danny Fields Interview

I'm very pleased to announce that my Danny Fields is up & available to read in the brand new June-July issue of Perfect Sound Forever. The table of contents can be accessed here. The interview was done during the summer of 2007, and for various reasons was delayed. Special thanks to Jason Gross for pushing me to finish it. I'm glad I did.

Just in case you have no idea who Danny Fields is, lets just say he was a Warhol/Factory regular, did PR for Elektra Records and was responsible for the label signing the MC5 & the Stooges, edited classic teen rags like Datebook and Sixteen, and was the first manager of the Ramones. If that doesn't pique your interest, I don't know what will.

My other interviews for PSF can be found at:
- Artist & Lounge Lizards leader John Lurie
- Writer/activist Michael Patrick MacDonald
- Dave Ruffy and Segs Jennings of the Ruts and Ruts DC

4 comments:

NYCDreamin said...

Very nice job, KB. Spent most of my lunch-hour reading this - fascinating annecdotes and stories from an equally fascinating guy. I have read much about him and his career and his friendships with Linda McCartney and Lillian Roxon - but never an actual interview with him. He is sorta all over the map when he tells his stories - so cool you got to meet and interview him. Congrats on finally getting it published!

JamesChanceOfficial said...

Thanks for reading. He is all over the place but extremely intelligent and articulate. The interview didn't go exactly as planned but I guess it is what it is, and I'm happy its finally out there.

daisyGB said...

WELL DONE - i know that was a lot of work for you. It reads great. You did good!

JamesChanceOfficial said...

Big thanks to you! It was more work for you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails