May 17, 2009

The Real Goo Goo Muck

Fire up your RSS feed. Two new blogs were recently brought to my attention that regular visitors to Stupefaction will definitely appreciate.



First is the New York Rocker blog by Andy Schwartz. So far, it's looking like a collection of Andy's great writing & essays on specific historical sites & sounds of rock 'n roll in New York City. Just a list of the articles linked from the home page will give you an idea: The Lone Star Cafe, Blue Eyed Soul, Electric Lady Studios, CBGB, The Brill Building & Colony Records, and so on. This is a must for anyone interested in the history & culture of pop/rock in New York. Here's hoping one of these days Andy will start including stories from the old issues of New York Rocker.



Secondly is Kicksville 66...the new blog from Miriam Linna - the original drummer of the Cramps, ongoing member of the A-Bones, and with husband Billy, co-founder of the awesome Norton Records label. Her first post is entitled "My First Band: The Cramps 1976 (Pt. 1)." As my friend Spike over at Bedazzled said, "Nice first band, Miriam. Possibly the best 1st post on any blog ever." I'd have to agree.

6 comments:

EV Grieve said...

Good stuff...thanks for the links, KB

JamesChanceOfficial said...

Yeah, both of them are amazing. Lots of reading to do!

NYCDreamin said...

Yeah, thanks for the heads up on these - Very cool stuff indeed!

Nazz Nomad said...

I used to read NY Rocker when I was a pup. Thanks for the link.

Robert Newman said...

Hi: You might like to see this NY Rocker cover gallery we posted on the Society of Publication Designers website: http://www.spd.org/2010/01/the-new-york-rocker-1.php.

JamesChanceOfficial said...

Thanks Robert - I did see those. Nice work. They're beautiful scans. I've been encouraging Andy for some time to get all of those up online. I hope he does. I'm on vacation right now but will try to post something about the gallery when I get back.

Related Posts with Thumbnails