Sep 8, 2009

Velvets and Stooges boxsets



Just wanted to mention that I came back from a little vacation time yesterday, and found my copy of the new Velvet Underground singles (1966-69) boxset from Sundazed waiting for me. You're a fool if you don't buy it. Seven beautifully reproduced 7" singles including one with a promotional radio spot from WNEW. Just what the doctor ordered.

And although I'm still waiting on my copy of the Stooges "You Don't Want My Name" (Easy Action) box, I have to give them credit. Although it's running maybe 6 weeks behind schedule, they've answered two emails promptly, and have been very upfront as to whats happening with it. This collection also promises to be a humdinger as it's made up of previously (or legally) unreleased live recordings of the short lived line-up of the band with both James Williamson and Ron Ashton on guitar. Order it here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails