Dec 18, 2009

This is what IT'S about

If you haven't seen the Anvil movie yet do not wait another second. Whether or not you're into heavy metal music is completely besides the point. I watched it for the second time last night and just can't recommend it enough. Talk about sticking to your guns, self belief, not giving up...knowing whats important in life...these guys are it. It's a completely inspirational story. It's also funny as hell. Sort of a real life Spinal Tap in some respects.

After I saw the film for the first time (which includes folks like Slash & Lars Ulrich talking about the band), I turned to my friend Russ and said that one of those guys should put their money where their mouth is & take Anvil out on tour. AC/DC stepped up did just that sometime earlier this year. And now it seems the band has a pretty busy itinerary...they'll be at Irving Plaza here in NYC on January 15. I just might be as well.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails