Jan 6, 2010

Louder Than Love - the Grande Ballroom Story

I thought I had posted about this last year but I couldn't find it in the archives. Anyway, here is a clip from an upcoming documentary about Detroit's famous Grande Ballroom. The Grande was the main live rock venue for Detroit, on par with the Fillmore theaters of the time, in the mid-late sixties. Most of the bigger touring rock bands of the era played there like the Who and (the) Creem, amongst many others. But more importantly, it was also the breeding ground for the incredible scene of homegrown Michigan bands like the Stooges & especially the MC5.

LOUDER THAN LOVE-The Grande Ballroom Story from Tony D'Annunzio. Hat tip to Machine Gun Thompson & Kimmer for the tip.

UPDATE: I found the older post I mention at the beginning of this one - from May of 2009.

1 comment:

NYCDreamin said...

This looks absolutely amazing! Thanks for the tip...

Related Posts with Thumbnails