Oct 2, 2008

Daily travels - Echo & the Bunnymen at Radio City Hall edition



I caught the Bunnymen at Radio City last night...Buying my tickets last April(!) I was very skeptical about their prospects for ticket sales. After all, they probably haven't played a place this size in New York for 20 years. Anyway, I'm happy to say I was proved wrong. I don't think the show sold out, but it was close. The place was packed.

The show was two sets long - the first set was comprised of various hits & album cuts with some surprising choices. Here's the set list that I can remember - I may have missed one or two:

Lips Like Sugar
Rescue
Bring on the Dancing Horses
New Song off forthcoming LP The Fountain
The Disease
All That Jazz
The Back Of Love
All My Colours/Zimbo
People Are Strange (The Doors)
Nothing Lasts Forever/Walk On The Wild Side (Lou Reed)/Wait Till The Midnight Hour (Wilson Pickett)
The Cutter

The second set was the full performance of Ocean Rain from beginning to end with a 10 piece orchestra. It sounded brilliant. Ending on the title cut from the album, I had forgotten what a gorgeous song it is.

Ocean Rain (MP3):


Read a review of the show here.

Below are a few pix I snapped. As much as I love photography, I never take my camera out so I only have my crappy iPhone camera to work with. I ended up taking some shots of the beautiful ceiling at Radio City.









The room prior to the Bunnymen taking the stage:



More ceiling shots before & during the show:







1 comment:

Maritza said...

How wonderful!

Related Posts with Thumbnails