Feb 4, 2009

In Memorium - Lux Interior



Lux & the Cramps were big 'round these parts, as they may have been 'round yours if you're reading this. I'm happy I still have my personally autographed 8x10 from Lux, Ivy, and Nick, as well as my skateboard with the huge Cramps logo painted on it. I'll have to get some photos up here at some point. What can be said about this man & band who managed to transcend all genres? I still remember the day I bought my first Cramps album. God bless 'em...Here's a couple of MP3's straight from vinyl.

Life is short, filled with stuff
Don't know what for, I ain't had enough
I learned all I know by the age of nine
But I could better myself if I could only find
Some new kind of kick, something I ain't had
Some new kind of buzz, I wanna go hog mad

I'm lookin' and lookin' and lookin' for something I ain't had before
I'm lookin' and lookin' and lookin' to find some new kind of kick


New Kind of Kick:


Lonsesome Town:



Lux & Ivy courtesy of Wendy Lynch Photography

2 comments:

GoonrGrrl said...

Hey T., it's Guernica from MySpazz.

I just heard about this a few hours ago and I am paralytically gutted. Slowly people from my youth are leaving us. I have such fond memories of the Cramps in the early Miriam/Nick Knox days (I may even have some old demos - which, quite honestly, were NVG, but you could see where they were trying to go with it!). Really really nice folks.
Godspeed Erick - hope you are up there making a huge racket with Bryan G.

JamesChanceOfficial said...

Hey! Long time no speak. I'm not very active on Myspazz these days other then checking my inbox quickly.

This news was horrible. I loved (still do) that band so much. A real bummer. I've had the same thoughts about folks not much older than me leaving us. Don't waste time.

Hope to see you more, and I hope your horses are well!

Related Posts with Thumbnails