Mar 11, 2009

TV, Film & Music news

I'm sitting here watching the Elvis Costello show with Lou Reed and Julian Schnabel. Lou is *such* an egotist but god, I love him. And who knew? He has a grill - at least on his lower teeth. And Julian, as much as a slob as he looks (I bet he thinks he's pretty cool in those pajamas), seems a decent guy. If the Diving Bell & the Butterfly were the only film he ever made, he'd still be a great film maker. This is by far the best of these shows that I've seen yet. The show airs on Sundance in case you don't know.

In other news, This Ain't The Summer of Love brings us a documentary on gang life in the South Bronx in the late 70's - 80 Blocks From Tiffany's.

Lindsay over the Next Big Thing brings us a BBC Scotland documentary on the legendary Glasgow Apollo.

And lastly, Anti Records has plenty of Tom Waits news. Enough to make me think that spring is really here and maybe things are looking up.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails