Jan 29, 2010

Friday Ephemera - the Weirdos



A beautiful design advertising a Weirdos gig in Los Angeles, late 70's. Possibly from Slash magazine. Thanks to my friend Paul for this. He & his brother have one of the best collection of ephemera from the punk/new wave era I know of, and I've never really seen it. I know because some of it resides in the Fales Library at NYU. It's astounding stuff.

Here's Life of Crime from a rare live album, Message From the Underworld, recorded at the Whiskey, Oct. 16, 1977:

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a photo by Jules Bates.

T. Tex Edwards said...

FYI- When I re-posted this on my facebook page, my friend, Margaret Wynn commented: " Jules Bates photo. I have a print of this."

Jonh Ingham said...

Yhe design for that poster was a joint effort between Weirdo Cliff Toman and designer David Allen, with a bit og interference rom me. The photo is by Jules Bates, who was ana amzing photographer of the scene - cut down in a hit and run motorcycle accident way too early in life.

Great to see this again. Jonh

daisy said...

this song makes me giddy happy. i wish i was playing the drums. they played when i was out there in LA a few years ago. what a riot.

Related Posts with Thumbnails