Oct 24, 2010

Before and After: Song To the Siren



The perfect song for an autumnal New York Sunday. Also, tomorrow happens to see the release of the new album from Bryan Ferry entitled Olympia. Never one to shy away from covering songs he likes, one of the tracks featured on this album is "Song To the Siren" by Tim Buckley. Which version do you prefer? Personally I'd go with This Mortal Coil although the acoustic version by Buckley (below) is much better than the album version released a couple of years after this television appearance.

Before - Tim Buckley:


During - This Mortal Coil:


After - Bryan Ferry:

2 comments:

Sis said...

Love the three different versions posted here; can't decide which I like best! I'd prefer a barer-bones version by Ferry, though; the music in that one doesn't do much for me.

JamesChanceOfficial said...

I'm a sucker for Elizabeth Fraser and that Cocteau Twins production sound - the Mortal Coil version is my favorite.

Related Posts with Thumbnails