Jul 13, 2012

Shot By: Kate Simon (Stupefaction exclusive!)


And now for something completely different: Monty Python at the Drury Lane Theatre, London, 1974, by Kate Simon. Silver gelatin print.

Kate was kind enough to share these thoughts on this previously unpublished photo: I love Monty Python, and always got a thrill when I would see John Cleese or Eric Idle at a party or event when I lived in London in the 70's. Nothing is sexier than "smart." For me, John Cleese embodied that.

When I took the photo of John Cleese presenting Terry Jones with the giant hammer on stage at The Drury Lane Theatre in 1974, I was just beginning as a professional photographer. I was thrilled that I was able to manage the shot from one of the upper balconies so far away from the stage with a telephoto lens.


Visit Kate's website: http://katesimonphotography.com/. A huge, large, effervescent thank you to her for the photo & comments.

1 comment:

daisy said...

so cool. Kate Simon is The Best.

Related Posts with Thumbnails