May 24, 2015

Stupefied: The NME UK Top 50 Singles of 1980


Back by no demand whatsoever, I felt inspired to continue the series of NME year-end lists, so here you go - 1980 in all of its glory. Lake Placid, Russian boycott, great records & more video with each release. You could easily do a second, completely different, list, and it would be just as good. Please note that the Spotify list is not as complete as the YouTube list due to availability.


01. Joy Division - Love Will Tear Us Apart
02. The Jam - Going Underground
03. The English Beat - Mirror In The Bathroom
04. Joy Division - Atmosphere
05. David Bowie- Ashes to ashes
06. Bow Wow Wow- I Want My Baby On Mars
07. Grace Jones - Private Life
08. David Bowie - Fashion
09. BOW WOW WOW - C30 C60 C90 Go!
10. Stevie Wonder - Master Blaster (Jammin')
11. The Teardrop Explodes - Treason
12. Dexys Midnight Runners - Geno
13. The Jam - Start
14. UB40 - Food for Thought/King
15. Elvis Costello & The Attractions - New Amsterdam
16. A Certain Ratio - Shack Up
17. Echo and the Bunnymen - Rescue
18. UB40 - My Way Of Thinking
19. Kurtis Blow - The Breaks
20. The English Beat - Best Friend
21. Elvis Costello & The Attractions ~ I Can't Stand Up for Falling Down
22. The Cramps - Drug Train
23. The Fall - Fiery Jack
24. Dexys Midnight Runners - Dance Stance (Original 7'' Version)
25. Robert Palmer - Johnny and Mary
26. The English Beat - Hands Off... She's Mine
27. The Subterraneans - My Flamingo
28. Magazine- A Song From Under The Floorboards
29. Comsat Angels - Independence Day
30. The Undertones - My Perfect Cousin
31. Stray Cats - Runaway Boys
32. Robert Wyatt - At Last I Am Free
33. Robert Palmer - Looking For Clues
34. Dexy's Midnight Runners - There, There My Dear
35. Madness - My Girl
36. Squeeze - Another Nail In My Heart
37. A Certain Ratio - Flight
38. Au Pairs - Diet / It's Obvious (7")
39. Tom Browne - Funkin' For Jamaica
40. Caberet Voltaire - Seconds Too Late
41. Diana Ross - I'm Coming Out
42. Elvis Costello & The Attractions - High Fidelity
43. Aswad - Warrior Charge
44. Richard Hell & the Voidoids - Love Comes in Spurts
45. Smack - Edward Fox
46. The Police - Don't Stand So Close To Me
47. Bette Bright - Hello I Am Your Heart
48. Linx - Rise and Shine
49. Siouxsie & The Banshees - Happy House
50. Adam and the Ants - Dog Eat Dog


No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails