Jun 19, 2009

The hippies dig some punk

Things got pleasantly all punk rock this week over at Wolfgang's Vault...Here's a preview, including cuts from the Nuns & the Avengers when they opened for the Sex Pistols at their last show in San Francisco in January 1978. Everything is kicked off, fittingly enough, by the MC5's spiritual advisor, Brother J.C. Crawford.

MC5 at the Grande Ballroom 10/30/1968:


The Avengers & the Nuns at Winterland 1/14/1978 opening for the Sex Pistols:




The Sex Pistols at Winterland 1/14/1978:


The Runaways at the Palladium (NYC) 1/7/1978:


X at L'Amour (Brooklyn) 11/26/1983:

4 comments:

EV Grieve said...

Good stuff, KB (as always). Where was L'amour in Brooklyn?

JamesChanceOfficial said...

It was in Bensonhurst. I can't believe it was open until 2004! See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L%27amour_(venue)

NYCDreamin said...

I have not been by here in a few days and earlier this AM I put up a link to WolfGang's Vault as I was thinking about the site and it's owner this weekend...now it's lunchtime and I stop by to catch up and read your latest stuff, KB, and here you beat me to the punch by posting a link/info on the site last Friday...nice. I think we're on the same page at the moment :)

The guy who owns Wolfgang's Vault is from Wayzata, MN (about a 10 minute drive from my house) and you can read about how he managed to score maybe the most amazing collection of rock ephemera in this 04/17/06 Minneapolis Star Tribune Article...

http://www.wolfgangsvault.com/sc/news/Placements/2006-04-17-StarTribune.html

JamesChanceOfficial said...

Thanks for the link...I'll have to check that out.

Related Posts with Thumbnails