Oct 15, 2009

Going backwards



Have I mentioned I've been volunteering once a week at WFMU? I've been doing audio editing for online archiving of music played on the radio shows. Yesterday I worked on a show that only plays old cylinders & 78's on authentic old phonograph equipment. It's called the Antique Phonograph Music Program, and airs weekly. I was cutting up songs from the show so they could be offered at the Free Music Archive. Great stuff! You can listen and/or download for free here. There are also many other genres of copyright free music on that site as well.



I've also had the pleasure of working on edits of shows from Debbie D, and the Holy Trinity of WFMU Rock 'n' Soul DJ's: Spazz, Rex and Finewine. This music can be streamed by visiting WFMU's Rock & Soul Ichiban blog. Look for the streaming link in the right hand column. If obscure rock, soul, garage, and R&B is your bag, then this will definitely tickle your musical funny bone.

Lastly, don't forget about next weekend's Record Fair!

1 comment:

daisy said...

- that's so cool. bet you love it and bet they are glad you came along. sounding really good. thanks for the links

Related Posts with Thumbnails