Mar 10, 2013

Movie of the Week: The TAMI Show (1964)


They don't get any more legendary than this. From 1964, The T.A.M.I. Show! Standing for Teenage Music International, this one-off musical variety show set the bar very high for everything that followed, and has never quite been matched. Get a load of this line up:

Jan and Dean 
(Here They Come) from All Over the World

Chuck Berry 
Johnny B. Goode
Maybellene 

Gerry & The Pacemakers 
Maybellene
Don't Let the Sun Catch You Crying
It's Gonna Be Alright 

Chuck Berry
Sweet Little Sixteen

Gerry & The Pacemakers
How Do You Do It?

Chuck Berry 
 Nadine

Gerry & The Pacemakers  
I Like It

Smokey Robinson and The Miracles  
That's What Love Is Made Of
You've Really Got a Hold on Me
Mickey's Monkey

Marvin Gaye  
Stubborn Kind of Fellow
Pride and Joy
Can I Get a Witness
Hitch Hike

Lesley Gore  
Maybe I Know
You Don't Own Me
You Didn't Look Around
Hey Now
It's My Party
Judy's Turn to Cry

Jan and Dean  
The Little Old Lady from Pasadena
Sidewalk Surfin'

The Beach Boys  
Surfin' USA
I Get Around
Surfer Girl
Dance, Dance, Dance

Billy J. Kramer and The Dakotas  
Little Children
Bad to Me
I'll Keep You Satisfied
From a Window

The Supremes  
When the Lovelight Starts Shining Through His Eyes
Run, Run, Run
Baby Love
Where Did Our Love Go

The Barbarians  
Hey Little Bird

James Brown and The Famous Flames  
Out of Sight
Prisoner of Love
Please, Please, Please
Night Train

The Rolling Stones  
Around and Around
Off the Hook
Time Is on My Side
It's All Over Now
I'm Alright
Let's Get Together

If that doesn't blow your stack, I really don't know what to tell you...Hat tip to Cirkus Berserkus for pointing this out. Buy the TAMI Show on DVD here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails